A lot of people asked me how I was doing with 5 extra people in my house for two weeks? To be honest, it was busy, noisy, jammed packed and a ton of fun! Amazing and it flew by and once again on the last night, I sat thinking, I can't believe this is the last night and tried to hold in my sadness. Hugging my bro and sister in law goodbye the next day brought on the tears =(
But our time was great! Being able to spend 2 holidays with family this year made 2010 perfect. Playing in the snow with my family from Hawaii, very sweet! Waking up to my nieces, Nyla & Avery in their fleece footie pj's, adorable! Blake and Lucas jumping on the bed, or playing together, too cute! Writing letters to Santa with the kids, very fun! Putting out cookies and celery for Santa and his reindeer and then to hear the kids in the morning get excited that Santa came, then go out to see their faces, priceless. I am sure you were waiting for that one, but truly, this holiday season with my family was the best!
The two weeks really did fly by and were fun filled. We did hit a bit of a bump, that every one, well not Sammie, got sick. But for the most part, after cleaning up our fair share of throw up for the entire year, each person was back up and running by the next day. The kids went to the Science Center with Aaron and Sam to see the Harry Potter exhibit. We went to parks and playgrounds and rode bikes. The Hawaii kids were pretty tough and bundled up for the outdoors. The kids did an indoor soccer camp, and Sam and I got to play together in a womens indoor soccer tournament. We went to Warm Beach to see millions of Christmas lights. The kids got pony rides. We did some family bowling. We went sledding at Mt Baker. We did a lot and had a lot of fun!
It was an amazing two weeks together and I loved every moment. Aaron, Sam, Nyla, Avery and Lucas brought us all pure joy on the holidays. It made me see what is important at this time of year....family!
Life with the joys of Christmas......next! With more pictures!
Awesome pics Michelle! Great post. LOVE IT! Sooo happy for you getting to spend time with your family. I can tell you just love every minute & in your element. You guys crammed so many fun activities in a couple of weeks! I think you did more in two weeks than I did in 1/2 the year :) But what a great time & great memories for you, the fam & especially the kids & time with their cousins! Happy New Year to you!
ReplyDelete