I know I am so bad an posting on here. I am inconsistent for those actual readers I may or may not have. But life is getting back into routine. It is January and not a whole lot going on. But here are some random things to share.
Cole's Kindergarten class was a little "germy". Cole came home with a fever one day and had to miss a day of school. He recovered and that week, several different kids were missing each day, and on one day 7 kids absent. Then round two hit and Cole got strep throat, but with antibiotics and rest, he is fine and we are all on the mend. Blake for the most part did not get what Cole had, but had a nasty cough for a week. Though with Blake, he hardly missed a beat.
Blake loves breakfast sausage and could eat it everyday. He also loves bacon. He has learned and now loves dipping is foods, ketchup being his favorite (yikes, I know that is not super great), and sour cream with his quesadillas. He will even go for BBQ or Sweet n Sour. He just likes to dip!
Cole is doing great reading and is getting more confident with it. He has always loved books, so I am sure this will continue to develop as he begins to read to himself.
Blake loves Barney! Yes, the goofy, purple dinosaur (I think that is what he is) that we try to flip through as soon as we see it on. If he wants to watch TV, he will ask, I mean yell for Barney. Luckily he is learning about the movie Cars, and loves the tow truck Mater. I try to persuade him to watch Cars instead of Barney, though not always successful. Let's hope it is a short phase. Thankfully he is not a big TV watcher and won't sit too long to watch.
Cole has still not gotten his full allowance yet and won't for this week either. The most he has gotten was been $4. FYI, his allowance is $6 and he loses money for getting cards at school or disrespectful behavior at home. He has managed to only get one card this week, though I am headed to pick him up soon, so we will see. We are not too sad that we don't have to fork over the full amount!
Blake is sleeping great in his big boy twin bed and is very proud of it!
We are back in our normal routine of school and work and play and hopefully we are done with getting sick and missing school. Life in January is going well!
Note: home from picking up Cole, no cards and he is the Outstanding Student this week. Way to go Cole! Still no full allowance though!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment