Tuesday, November 1, 2011

life with Halloween.

I have never really been a huge Halloween person, not a huge fan of dressing up myself, but I am a sucker for cute kids in costumes! I don't love that they bring home so much candy, which is also a temptation for me, but hopefully they don't notice that their supply dwindles each day after they go to bed.....HA!!

This year we stayed in our neighborhood to trick or treat. Because we have been busy and just  did not get our butts in gear, we also started a new tradition of carving pumpkins before trick or treating. Not really, but well, we got it done! Halloween really should be a holiday always on the weekends and not a school night, but it made for a good excuse to not stay out too late. It seemed to be the general consensus as we did not have any late straggling trick or treaters. Bummer because we have all that the kids hauled in plus whatever we did not hand out.

The kids had fun and Cole met up with a friend while we were out so that made it even more fun for him. Cole took off because apparently Blake did not need to run to every door and see how much he could get.  Rather he enjoyed the process at every stop, checking out the cool pumpkins and decorations and saying, "Happy Halloween! Trick or Treat" and the very polite, "Thank you" which did not always come with eye contact because he is two and was checking out what he was given. But he was very cute and had a lot of fun.  We tried as much as we could to keep up with Cole and his buddy,who seemed to be having the time of their lives, so I do hope he displayed the same good manners as Blake.

Well here they are.....my little pirate and dinosaur! After the pumpkin carving, of course!



 


I hope you all had an enjoyable Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Love the costumes, and I really like the photo you took of the two of them up at a house trick or treating. Halloween in action! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete