Saturday, November 6, 2010

life with big brother.

I really have to say that we have been so proud of and impressed with Cole the past few weeks. He has been a fabulous big brother! He is playing nicely with Blake and trying to teach him things. He helps Blake get things that he can't get for himself. (Not always a good thing, but still the thought that counts.) He gets cereal in a bowl and puts milk in a sippy cup for him, allowing us 15 more minutes of sleep on good days.

Recently, we have been having some rough nights with Blake climbing out of his crib, that you may have already have seen, so we have moved Blake into a toddler bed. We thought it would be safer instead of this monkey climbing out in the the dark, half alseep in the middle of the night. Well of course for Blake that just means we have taken the fun out of  it and well, this is too easy mom and dad! So three times in the middle of the night he came to our room, each time we walked him back up, only to have him at some point come again. The third time, he did it so quietly, that it was only because I felt this presence in my room that I rolled over and saw him leaning on our bed, this time not trying to wake me or climb in our bed. Needless to say, Josh and I are used to and love our sleep, so we are struggling. Anyway, back to Cole. The other night when putting Cole in bed I asked him the usual questions of what he is thankful for for the day and what is one thing we could pray for? He was thankful for his friend Micheal being able to come over and play and then he said that he wanted to pray for Blake to listen to mom and dad and stay in his bed all night and sleep. And what do you know, Cole's pure heart and child like faith to know we can pray for anything at all, Blake slept in his bed all night! Cole is teaching us at times as much as we think we are teaching him. We love our life with boys.

Oh my, I almost forgot to add, to top it off, seeing these great things from Cole at home, he has also been great at school. He made it through 3 weeks of no cards at school ,if you don't know what I am talking about, click here, and this week was recognized as outstanding student of the week. Yay Cole!!!


FYI, in the top picture, the student of the week picks a stuffed animal to take home and then has to journal and draw a picture about his weekend with it. Cole has named the pigeon Blake for the weekend. Haha!



1 comment:

  1. Great Post!! I am interested to hear how this transition to the toddler bed goes :) Glad to hear Cole is being so great!!

    ReplyDelete