Friday, September 24, 2010

life with the card system.

The card system. Yes, this is the way that Cole is disciplined in school. They introduced it to the kids last week, and a good daily report from Cole, "Mom, no cards today." Okay, once! I am not 100% sure on how it works, but I know one card is a warning, no questions asked, take it and move on. On your second card, I think you get a "talking" to. The third is a behavioral card, meaning that you have to walk the line back and forth during recess. And the fourth, you get sent to Mr. Sampson, the PRINCIPAL! Well, Cole, being my blood, has an issue with talking. Yes, surprise surprise. Almost daily he tells me he got a card for talking when the teacher was talking or when he was supposed to be quiet at rest time. However, it is a little hard not to chuckle or get upset with the little guy, one, because he tells me, and two, I am fairly certain I had multiple notes over the years being sent home from my teachers. "Michelle is a great student, however talks a little too much." No, not me! Okay, so this is hereditary and I have already apologized to Mrs. Robertson for it. But other than that, I do hope keeps his cards to a limit and doesn't have to visit the principals office.

No comments:

Post a Comment