Wednesday, November 17, 2010

life with girls???

Let me state for those who happen to be unaware, Cole is in Kindergarten. He is enjoying his first year of school full time and we could not be any happier. He is making new friends, learning new things, we are so proud of him. We got invited over for dinner at one of his new classmates homes and had a really nice time. They are a great family with 3 boys, so Cole and Blake had a blast. At the end of the night, the mom tells me that her son told her a secret. So in complete mom confidentiality, tells me that a girl, we will call her M, kissed Cole.What? I laugh and think, um, this is kindergarten, hilarious! And well, he is pretty cute, a lady killer in the making! So, in the car, I descretely ask about this M girl and find our she is the fastest girl in the class. She can almost keep up with Cole. He tells me she always wants to play with him, since the first day of school. Hmmm.....I think, this girl is persistant, and has good taste I might add. So then, I ask Cole if this is his girlfriend and he responds, "I guess, sorta." What??? Really though, Josh and I are totally trying to stay serious. I say, "Well that's cool, M seems like she is tough and athletic and she can keep up with the boys, so she must be fun". Cole responds, "Yah". My man of many words. I wanted to then ask about the kiss, but figured I better not push it.

Later in the week, as I pick him up from school we are talking about the day and I asked him who he plays with at recess. Her name popped up, so I asked him again about her being his girlfriend and he said yes this time. I am thinking, does he even know what that means?? This is kindergarten, not 6th grade and what is with these girls chasing my boy...haha! I then ask him if she kissed him and he said, "Yes, on his cheek, by the tires". Note to self, when on recess duty, keep an eye on the kids in those big tires! I didn't say much about the kiss, but I did say he should not be kissing in school. He does not seem to be interested in girls, he keeps telling me he is playing with the boys and the girls always want to play with them. I tell him to be nice to everyone, and do what he enjoys. Light Sabers out rank girls! Perfect!

This morning, I tell Cole we should get to school a little early so we can take a look at the book fair. On our way, he spots M's parents car taking her to school. As we pull in and I get in the lane to park, I ask him if he wants me to walk him in and look at the books. Mind you, we are right behind M's car and he tells me, "No mom, it's too late, I will just walk in". I am shocked, the past 2 days we have been close on time so I tell him that he needs to get out at the drop off and he begs me to walk him in. I tell him he is fine, it's faster to not park and he slowly gets out. Well today, M is in front of us, I am willing to go in and no, he wants to get out. And not slowly, he throws in his backpack, blows me a kiss and hops out to meet up with M. He is pretty casual about it, doesn't stop and wait, but she hurries and walks in with him. It was a windy day and she was struggling to get the door open, so my nice son, opens the door for her. I smile, until the stinker walks in before her. Typical Cole. Dad needs to teach him some chivalry! At least he didn't change for this girl.

Anyway, I think it is funny, kids are funny and this is kindergarten so I am not too worried. But Cole is a handsome fella and a sweet boy, I don't think this will be the last girl to like him. Mom and Dad will definitely make sure Cole is raised to be a gentleman and treat women with respect!

Lastly, do not mention to Cole any of this, he would not love me sharing this...though one day when I print this all for his baby book, he can laugh at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment