We had an amazing summer and now it is officially over. Cole started kindergarten and I realized he will be in school everyday, all day for the next 13 years, well minus summer and breaks. Wow, he is a big kid now, which is totally crazy for me to think.We have been blessed to have Cole attend a private school here in called Bellingham Christian School. (Now I can refer to it as BCS). Anyway, we were so excited all summer for Cole to start school, gearing up for the big day. We went school supply shopping early, he picked out his backpack in the beginning of the summer, we went school clothes shopping, all the normal fun things. Mom was especially excited. So, the big morning arrives, we wake up, I make a good healthy breakfast, pack his lunch, get him all dressed up, take some pictures and head off to school. Of course, mom has her camera in hand for the big arrival! We get to school and I proudly walk Cole to his class, hang his backpack up and jacket and walk in. Here I go, ready for a picture, ready for him feel shy, not let go of my hand, want mom to hang out, and, NO! None of the above. He walks right in, goes and sits with all the kids and does not look back. "HELLO COLE! MOM IS STILL HERE!"
Needless to say, I didn't get the camera out, no picture of him at school or his desk on the first day, nothing. I had to walk up to the group of kids to say goodbye and squeeze out a kiss. Ohhhh.....deflated. My big day did not get documented. The hype, well there was no hype!. He walked in to class like he had been there forever. What a disappointment......for mom! HA! Well, not really, yes, I was hoping for a little bit more on his (my) big day, but I could not have been more proud and happy that it went off with out a hitch and he was happy and excited to start this journey! As for me, I walked to my car with a smile on my face, happy for what the future holds.
So glad the first initial drop off went well and the first day went well!! It probably would have broke your heart if he was too scared to go in! You've done a great job, you should be a proud mama! What a great post!!
ReplyDelete