I have been terrible in being consistent at posting, so I got a couple of ideas from friends blogs to help me have something to write about, and thus something for my kids to look back at about themselves. Well, that is the goal here right? I had that goal with my Friday Faves so they can look back at how cute they are or for their future wives to see.....haha.....but I will continue with that if my kids will ever pose for pictures these days! Anyway, welcome to my Tuesday tidbits, little things about the kids, the family and just what seems to be so important in our house at any given moment.
- Chicken Head. Yes, Chicken Head. My kids uses this as term of endearment or to torment the other, but yes, Chicken Head. I suppose it could be much worse, and at times I do get on them about calling each other names, but then when you arrive home after a day of work and Blake looks at you, huge smile on his face, happy to see you and then says, "Hi mommy chicken head" you have to laugh!
- Blake loves hand me downs. Sometimes I feel bad that this kid rarely gets new things or to pick out his own things, but when he wears something from a friend, he is so happy. Our friends son Nate gave Blake a bunch of things and every time he puts something on of his, he says, "I love Nate." Very sweet! Saves us money, that's for sure.
- Even though Cole is 7, he still can throw a pretty good tantrum and cry and scream and fight whatever it is he needs to be doing. Dad found a way to get him to stop these crazy antics pretty quickly, and thus realizing a lot of it is an act. Well, get out your cell phone and video record his craziness. Yep, stops that pretty quick! And then for him to look back at it, well, he thinks he looks pretty silly. It is definitely worth it for a laugh a few days later!
- Cole and dad have been going on some really great bike rides, with Blake in tow in the trailer and has been doing awesome. His bike has gears, and he can tackle hills and go on harder and longer rides. He loves riding his bike and is really good at it. It has been some great male bonding time!
- I do not enjoy taking both kids to the grocery store or Costco. Cole thinks it is funny to send his brother on a run around the aisles, and Mr. No Fear Blake, takes off. Darn you Cole! And my boys are not quiet, fyi!
- Cole is going to be a pirate for Halloween this year and Blake, well we are still working on that.
- Blakes favorite show at the moment is Little Einsteins, which is a pretty good one to like. The obsession with Herbie is ongoing! Do you know how hard it is to find anything Herbie related??? Cole, he likes anything from Animal Planet, to Cash Cab, to HGTV with mom or the reliable cartoon network. Have you seen Cartoon Network lately? I have never heard of any of the shows? So, are there any bad ones he can't watch???
Nothing else too new or exciting going on in the household. School and soccer are going great, Blake still does not sit at the dinner table or eat dinner very well and Cole loves his legos and creates some very neat things. Fall weather is here and I am already missing my warmth and sunshine and was very sad to put away the summer clothes. Blake does think if it is sunny outside he needs to bring shorts and slippers (flip flops) along, but he will soon learn he can leave that behind. I hope you are enjoying fall and the wonderful things it has to offer.....so I have been told!
I LOVE the Tuesday Tidbits Chicken Head!!! :)
ReplyDelete