Monday, October 3, 2011

life with funny 7 year olds.


I carpool with a friend a few days a week and we take turns taking Cole and her son K to school. On one of my mornings, the boys made me laugh  at the oddness of our conversation. A lot of times I like to ask about school and homework, but on this morning I thought I would ask the boys a serious question. Well, what is serious to a 7 year old?

Me: "Do you guys know what a bully is"
Cole: "Yes, someone who picks on you and is not very nice."
K: "Yes"
Me: "Do you see bullying at school or know of any?
Boys: "No" (Thank goodness)
Me: "What would you do if you saw a bully?"
Cole: "I would give him all my stuff and then go tell a teacher." (okay.....that works)
K: "I would tell my Wookies and they would stab him to death" (FYI....Wookies are Star Wars characters. See Wookies here.)
Me: "Oh okay, but I don't think we should take matters into our own hands. Retaliation is not good."
Cole: (he is just laughing hysterically)
K: "Well the Wookies wouldn't get into trouble. They would just cut off the arms of the police officers.) (Ya, not the answers I was looking for)
Me: "Um, okay, you have a point there." (Next subject)












No comments:

Post a Comment