Saturday, March 12, 2011

life with growth.

Yesterday Cole got the clean desk award!! Of course, I am so proud, he is just like his mom, neat and organized. He was excited to share the good news with me, along with a day of no cards and then proceeded to tell me that he would come and clean my desk for me at work! Deal! Well, he then wanted to "organize" his room, and of course I have no objections to this. He attempted for a whole 2 minutes (yes, 2 was all I got) to clean out toys to give to Blake while I tackled his drawers and closet to weed out the clothes that were too small for him. Cole was in to this, trying on every shirt and pair of shorts I requested of him. But man, has this kid grown over this year. I could not hold in the laughter of the shirts that were tight or were about to show his stomach, the shorts that were too short or snug in the rear, or the sleeves a bit small or made him look like a mini body builder. He even had his moments of sucking in his gut to button shorts, then proclaiming, "look mom, these fit!" Ya right Cole! I was laughing hysterically at Cole thinking these clothes fit great, dancing around the room and posing for me. Yes, he did turn the music on! What a goof ball! But he made the cleaning and organizing fun though I realized how fast he is growing! Blakes closet and drawers were the same way, but that task I had to deal with on my own. No help from the 2 year old this time! My life with my growing boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment