OKAY! SERIOUSLY! I have had a ton of things and activities that I have been wanting to post about but this post has been holding me up! First I needed the pictures to put on here and they wouldn't load from my computer when I brought it home to work on it. Then, well, I guess I can skip the excuses, but life has been busy. So, here is this post, not how I originally intended it to be, but, it's here which means that I can move on in life (with boys).
So, back in May, yep, May, a friend and I, well it was her idea, thought, lets surprise the boys and take them to the
Great Wolf Lodge. So, on a Thursday, we picked them up from school and told them we were going on an adventure. They kept asking for the first hour of the drive where we were going, then quit and (sorta) waited patiently for our end destination.
When we pulled up, Cole looked at the sign in complete disbelief, as he had heard of this place and been asking about going! It then hit him and he and Kirby screamed in excitement, asking if we could stay the night. Well of course boys, welcome to our adventure! And an adventure it was.
We checked in to the hotel, got to our room where they upgraded us to a room with a "wolf den", or bunk beds for the kids to sleep in. They were pumped. It actually took a little pushing to get them into their swim shorts to hit the water park. But they changed and we went to explore. Within minutes they were off and running, trying everything out, well the smaller things and then asked us to hit the big slides with them. It was so much fun and pretty sure the boys went down the slides about a 100 more times! They played hard for a few hours, changed and had dinner, then changed back into our swim clothes to shut the park down at 9pm.
They slept great and yes, up early in the wolf den, got some breakfast in them, coffee in us and hit the park for opening at 9am. They boys ran and played HARD til about 3:45 in the afternoon in which we finally figured we need to start our 3 hour drive home. We hit the outlet mall in which the boys did great and got some cool clothes and hats. We made it home for bedtime!!
It was such a fun couple of days and we will definitely go again. Especially since Blake did not make the trip. They are already asking when we are going back!
 |
| The Wolf Den |
 |
| Just let me go mom. |
 |
| Bedtime! |
 |
| My legs hurt from all the stairs we climbed! |
 |
| You're the best mom! (really, he said that! HA!) |
 |
| Up and on to the next thing.... |
 |
| On our way home.....looking good boys! |
|
|
|
|
Okay, really visit again, I will post again. I know, I know, I have said that, but I will seriously try! Hey, summer is busy and fun.....cut me some slack.
No comments:
Post a Comment