Wednesday, April 11, 2012

life with awards.

This past Monday, Cole's school held their trimester awards assembly. Each grade honors a few students in their class with character awards as well as the older grades recognizing students for honor roll. I had gotten a phone call that Cole was to receive an award, I didn't know what, but that I should try to be at the assembly. The first grade teacher got up and called up Cole for his Imaginative Qualities. She shared a little about his writing and drawing and how good he is at it. Cole really is great at writing stories and drawing pictures and we have been encouraging and praising him and he is becoming more and more confident with it. Again, self confidence is huge for Cole and this has been a great activity for him. Right now, he would like to be an artist when he gets older and this summer we are looking for some fun art camps for him to attend. Anyway, it was very cool to see Cole be called up to receive this award in front of the whole school and stand amongst his other peers getting awards. Grandma Connie came along and we were very proud of Cole! But.....I am not finished. We did sit through all the grades and all the honor roll students, which was very cool to see friends kids do so well also. Then, the PE teacher got up there and wanted to honor students for their sportsmanship. And what do you know? First grade, Cole Elston! Wow, I was totally surprised, and so happy for him. A boy and girl were recognized from each grade. Again, so very proud of him! It was a good day for Cole at BSC. We have loved this year and the school and what it has done for his confidence and character. He is a very good student and loves school. I hope that lasts!





No comments:

Post a Comment