The boys are at the perfect ages and sizes to "walk on your back". Like when I have a soccer game and I am tight, I have the boys walk on my back. We all did it to our dads or parents right? Besides, its good for their balance.
Sad to say, Blake is now in this dinosaur phase and ROARS at you when you walk in the door. (My eyes are rolling) I have flashbacks to Coles obsession of wearing his dinosaur costume daily for months and that when Blake was born, that was what he was wearing when he came to the hospital to meet his brother. Oh my.
Cole likes to match is clothes and look good (except he forgets to wet his hair that is sticking up in a hundred directions) and asks me if things look okay or if these colors match? Blake, um, he could care less and wears what he feels like and is comfortable. If it is sunny outside, sometimes he feels the need to wear shorts, which could be orange, and fik faks (aka flip flops), but insists on a bright green pajama shirt. Ya, looks great Blake! (Again, eye rolling) There are days that my mom will change him out of PJ's to leave the house, they get home and he goes to his room and puts PJ's back on. Funny boy.
Blake always takes some sort of something to bed with him, different every night and when he makes it to our room, usually in the 5-6 am area, it always comes with him. It could be a race car, a flashlight, a book, a stupid McDonalds toy, his camera, a ball, a cell phone or even wearing sunglasses, and yes he has insisted on wearing them to bed. He has also insisted on wearing a hat, his race car slippers, shorts over his PJ's, a tank top because the sky was blue or socks. But this list of the odd things he chooses to be his security for the night is seriously too long to keep going. Sometimes on the rare occasion, he is a normal little kid and takes a stuffed animal, but rarely. He is a funny, funny kid and cracks us up constantly!
Cole is a great artist and very creative. He has great penmanship and can make up stories and fun names and places and ideas. Not sure that he got that from mom or dad. Someone else feel free to take the credit!
Blake is at this stage that he thinks crying if he doesn't get his way or if big brother is involved that he will get what he wants. Of course we tell him to stop crying in which he says, "I can't stop crying!" in his saddest voice. Then he asks for a towel to "wipe his tears". Oh my, he has a flare for the drama.
Coles favorite show without mom, Johnny Test on the cartoon network. Um, what the heck is that? And with mom, on Animal Planet, the show Infested. It is a show in which peoples homes are infested with different animals or bugs or whatever. GROSS! Who knows what our thing will be next year. He loves going to the movie theater, but rarely watches movies at home.
Blake at the moment loves Diego on Nickelodian. He is not really into one particular movie at the moment. He loves to get on the Ipad and get into Netflix and browse the movies and shows and pick one to watch. Yes, all by himself. He actually got upset the other day when I was taking MY Ipad to work. Um, Blake, this is mine, not yours! He didn't really see it that way.
Cole has a huge appetite and eats his meals like a champ and Blake thinks he needs to snack constantly which makes meal times a battle for us. Going out to dinner is now expensive as we can no way get away with just sharing ours with the kids. I dread the day when they both eat full meals off the adult menu. Guess we will never eat out!
Three is such a funny age to play hide and seek with. Blake will hide and as you look for him, he yells, "Come find me mommy" or "here I am". Oh, there you are Blake, I never would have found you. Blake is for the most part always smiling and happy. It is amazing how different and wonderful the boys are! Note to self.....life with the opposites! Great idea......stay tuned, but don't hold your breath, you know how I am!
The boys still love to build forts with couch cushions and blankets, ride their bikes or scooters, build legos, color, and even manage to help mom around the house. Cole has his list of chores that he has been very good at doing. Blake soon enough will take some of Cole's chores as we give him harder ones. I am hoping picking up dog poop in the yard can be added this spring and summer!
All in all, the boys are doing well. Cole is signed up for soccer this spring and is looking forward to that and I hope I can get Blake to TOT soccer which I think he would love. First grade class pictures are tomorrow, so I will have to post that when I get it. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!
I totally remember walking on my dad's back! I know I will have LG do the same. Can't wait till I can train her to rub my back too. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post and lots of fun random facts! I love these ones. Will be so fun to look back on.
I totally remember Cole ROARING at us. Ask him a question & he would Roar! haha