Cole has now lost 5 teeth and 2 of them are the top middle teeth, which to me is such a funny phase, in which kids are so proud of (thank goodness) because it is kind of goofy, but cute, and could be a cause of teasing or embarrassment, but it is clearly NOT as everyone in first grade is PROUD to be toothless, and well you know what I mean. But anyway, we are in the "gross mom out" phase of wiggling the tooth and placing your hands in your mouth to make your tooth be positioned in the sickest angles. I am pretty sure I did it as a kid and it did not hurt, but I cannot for the life of me see a tooth sticking straight out or hanging on by a thread of gum tissue! GROSS! And do not ask me to yank it out. NO! Thankfully his wonderful teacher yanked this last one out at school. Phew....
Okay, here is where I totally confess that not once, but twice did the Tooth Fairy forget to come! Oh my. The thing is, we do the Elf on the Shelf and if you have read my blog and know about Ringo, I am pretty darn good. I had an alarm set and our elf faithfully left each night to report on the kids behavior and was back in the morning, sitting in a different spot, waiting to be found by the boys. Ringo was awesome. The Tooth Fairy, not so much. I think the week we had snow, well that held her up a night, and this last one, I think she was just backed up with all these kids wiggling their teeth like crazy and losing them so quickly! Geeze.... And well Cupid doesn't really visit our house (sorry), and thankfully we have grandmas and great grandmas that acknowledge the massive amount of Valentines cards in stores and purchase them for their very handsome grandchildren. The Easter Bunny doesn't really show up at our house either, but we do egg hunts and I think Cole still thinks it is the Easter Bunny, but also doesn't mind us re-hiding them or going to the neighborhood egg hunt in which the adults do hide them. I do like to focus on the actual meanings of these holidays, but I do love the excitement children bring to any occasion. Hmmm, what other holidays are there that I "sorta" participate in? Any that you all do to keep the fun alive. Yes, we trick or treat for Halloween and dress up and all that jazz, but I do like to sort thru the candy, keep the "adult" candy (aka, the good stuff) aside, toss out the lame stuff and well the boys keep a little in between. And of course Thanksgiving and Christmas are truly the best and meaningful, though I am convinced Black Friday needs to be a holiday. Anyway, I feel that I fall somewhere in the middle and don't quite go overboard on things, but am kinda lame at others. Where do you fall? Are you one of those crazies?? Do tell.....And if you have time and want a laugh, please read or check out this blog post!
Well that is really all I have for today, which is now Wednesday and I am still working on my Tuesday post.......oh well.
Here are some pics of the boys. Cole celebrated his 100th day of school so he is dressed up as an "old person" or whatever. And Blake, well he is just funny!
![]() |
| Thinks he is a basketball player like is cousin Lucas! |
![]() |
| Hilarious! We found these shoes, size 21! You would have taken a picture too! |
![]() |
| This is Blakes best buddy Nate! |







No comments:
Post a Comment