Whoa! Look who actually decided to get back on the blogging train! Well life has been busy, but good and not a whole lot new going on. I never did get Christmas posts up or time with the Hawaii family, but well, it is February so it's not looking good. But, this is what I got. And yes, this is posting on Wednesday, but doesn't it count that I started it yesterday??? YES!!!
Blake is finally being serious about potty training. Or should I say the adults in his life are serious about it? He was giving it a go in the summer, which would be pretty early for a boy, then decided he didn't want to do it. So, when he hit 3, I thought, seriously Blake, I DO NOT want to buy any more diapers. We told him he can't go to Pre-School if he is not potty trained, so he said okay. And well, he did it. He has had a few accidents, but does not wear any diapers all day long and will tell us when we are out places and is doing great. The only problem with this independent little guy is that he does think he needs to do things on his own and sometimes will go on his little potty, try to dump it in the big toilet, clean up and then go back to what he was doing. Great in theory, but not yet. You need to tell us Blake! Mom will clean up, properly. But great job buddy!
Cole has been up skiing a couple of times with Dad and is getting the hang of it. They will give it another shot in the next couple of weeks. He seems to enjoy being in the snow, being with dad and learning how to ski! It will be fun when all the boys will be able to go!
Blake can navigate his way on either of our cell phones and the Ipad with no problem. He can find his folder for games, start a game, play, close it and move on to the next game. It's a little funny to think that he can use this so well, when I myself just a few years ago wouldn't have had a clue. Cole on the other hand, he is sometimes better than me in things. It is incredible what kids these days can do. I need to post a video of this soon.
Cole is still doing a wonderful job in school and is getting better and better at reading. He reads his chapter books in bed every night and there are even times we need to tell him to turn off his light and go to bed. I love it!
Life is going well, staying busy, but not super busy. We don't have as many activities so it has been nice to be able to relax some on weekends and hang out with friends and wait and get ready for spring and summer. We already have 2 camping trips planned! It can't come soon enough!
Here are some pics from a sunny, little chilly, but nice enough day one weekend....




No comments:
Post a Comment