Saturday, May 7, 2011

life in our house.

Here are some random thoughts or facts from our house...

There are always cars or trains to greet us in the bottom of our shower. No, I don't love that at all!

The bathroom cup always ends up in the shower too and sometimes there are also 3-4 cups to go with the cars and trains. What, it isn't normal to step over things in the shower???

Blake and Grandma Connie call me at work. Blake says, "I load guns!" Great Blake! He can now load the Nerf Gun and shoot his own bullets. Perfect.

Every time I ask Cole to come here or do something, he ALWAYS says, "one sec". Note to self, stop saying that to him because it drives you bonkers that he says it!! Sometimes he says it and doesn't even know what I said. It is automatic.

Blake has to throw EVERYTHING! If you ask him for something, a book, car, item of clothing or shoe, be prepared to catch it or get hit. Does this stop?

If there is any elevation between Blake and the floor, as in stairs, couches, ottomans, stools, he has to jump off. Sometimes he lands perfectly, other times right on his shins and knees. Blakes legs have bruises all over them. Don't call the authorities, it is self inflicted!

Cole has gotten a lot more aggressive in soccer, and last week a kid was dribbling with the ball and Cole ran up and grabbed him from behind and pulled him back. Yep, coaches kid! And I was sorta proud....shhhh!

When do kids learn to wash the toothpaste they spit out of the sink? Does it make any sense to you to just leave it there sitting? Gross!

I love my life with boys, but really, why is peeing a game? Can't the game be to see if you can only hit water and not drip and splatter anywhere else?

My boys love to shower and use all the hot water. They will just sit (with cars, trains and cups) under the hot stream of water and come out with rosy cheeks. Kinda cute, but STOP WASTING WATER! So, when do they learn to wash their hair and bodies immediately and not after I yell at them to get out because you are wasting water. "But mom, I did not wash myself yet!" Geeze!

When do kids learn how to fold clothes? What about blankets they use for their forts and then leave on the ground? Is this so much to ask?

I love that Cole can tie his shoes, but if I don't ask 15 minutes early, we will be late and then I better get tying!

Blake does not think he needs a jacket, ever! Do I let him freeze and learn on his own?

Cole likes to be early for things, but has no sense of urgency. Does that make sense? He has the wrong mom for that one. HA!

Coles says the most ridiculous things and thinks they are a compliment. "Mom, I love you more than a chicken!" Um, ya, you better Cole!

Stay tuned....I have more!



No comments:

Post a Comment