Wednesday, May 16, 2012

life in the last month.

Well, I have a specific post that I want to write about, but I have been horrible in posting (BUSY) and well nothing that spectacular has been going on. Nothing bad, just nothing to huge out of the ordinary and we are just living a busy and fun life. So, I am going to do a quick recap of what has been going on lately.

Cole had spring soccer and I would love to say, again for those of you who actually see me, that spring soccer is awful! It is wet here in the northwest, fields are muddy and never seem to dry out. Games get cancelled and you cannot seem to get the attention of 7 year old boys when there is a mud puddle shouting their names. Anyway, Cole had an amazing season, played hard, played well, was confident and even was one of the good ones at practice, at least listening half the time. I suppose the threats of him walking home if he got to muddy might have be convincing enough, be he impressed me and made me one proud mama!!



Blake went to the dentist for the first time and did great! The morning of the appointment he was convinced he was not going to sit in the chair for the dentist and watch Cole. I told him that was totally fine, do what he wants. So, we picked up Cole from school and headed to the appointment. Cole was up first and with no hesitation, got into the chair and was a perfect patient.



Well, Blake being the little guy who thinks he needs to do whatever big brother does watched closely and I guess it didn't look so bad after all.



The boys teeth looked great and left stocked up with new toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss and stickers. See, dentist appointments are not so bad!

Cole's school had all the kids color a tile and made a huge mural in the entry way of the school. It is so bright, and colorful and beautiful! My picture does not do it justice, but Cole is very proud of his tile as he passes it each day!



Blake and I have been going to Cole's school on some Fridays to have lunch with him. Cole is always so happy when we get to come and he loves to show off his class to his little brother. Blakes loves going just as much and loves to be in class, stop by his class to be in the fall, say hello to his future teacher and even high five with the principal. It is fun and I love that BCS has an open door policy to the parents and families of the students.


Grandma Mona and Grandpa Jim came up one weekend to see the boys before they headed on their trip to Greece. We spent the day at the Maritime Museum and the local Flight Museum. I had about my take of both places within 15 minutes (just kidding), but the boys had an absolute blast!! The Maritime Museum had an 8000 gallon water tank that you could drive your remote control boat in. Cole brought his and we ended up being there for 2 hours. Yes, 2 hours! Oh my, and mind you, this is just a warehouse with some old boats, some models and this tank. But Cole loved it and wants to go back every weekend. Well, I am not so sure I want to go back, but for Cole, anything! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for taking the boys to things that I don't want to do!!



My mom, Grandma Connie has been taking Blake to the pool and letting him play and swim at the pool. He has loved that and will stay and play in the water for a couple of hours. Luckily my mom is very patient and loves to do things with Blake, so they always have something fun to do when I am at work!


Swimming is not the only thing Blake loves......some things don't change. I'm sure you can imagine his delight when grandma took him to see the new "Herbie Cars"!


Anyway, we have been busy and having fun and the boys constantly make me laugh. I can't believe Cole is getting to the end of his first grade year! Dang it, time flies! Hope all is going well with you and I am working on my next post, so stay tuned!

And hurray, we are finally getting some nice weather!! I hope it sticks around!



Loving the sunshine!!



No comments:

Post a Comment