Monday, December 12, 2011

life with Tuesday tidbits.

Cole has started to read chapter books and is such a big boy and lays in bed with his lamp on reading. Last night I had to tell him to turn the light out in 10 minutes. I love that he loves to read. So exciting!! Last night he finished Flat Stanley.

Blake has no fear of Santa, and this weekend we took them to take their picture with him. They ran up and sat in his lap and when Santa asked him what he wanted, told him a Herbie car. Santa, help!! Herbie cars are impossible to find! Then when friends tried to get their daughter to take her picture, Blake ran to the rescue and stood with her to make her more comfortable. That's Blake!


Cole spent the night at a friends house this weekend and got a glimpse of what growing up, being a kid and sleepovers are all about. Pretty sure he went to bed after midnight. He was afraid to tell me at first, but when I said its all part of growing up, he told me about his night. He fell asleep in the car with minutes!

Blake truly is a funny, easy going kid. He is very smart and talks all the time. He notices everything and asks about it.

Cole is becoming a little rule follower. The other day my mom took the boys to the movie and they were going to sneak food in and Cole asked if it is okay to do it? My mom told him, well, we really aren't supposed to. So Cole said they would eat AFTER the movie.

Blake wakes up everyday before 6 am and is ready to go. Mom and dad are not and we definitely are not ready for conversation as he crawls up in our bed. I try to tune him out and continue (TRY) sleeping so dad ends up telling him to be quiet. "Dad, I not talking to you, I talking to mommy". I try to answer.....not really.

Cole came home from school and wrapped a Christmas present all by himself. He got out the paper, scissors and tape and did a pretty good job. It was Top Secret! Until he asked Grandma Connie, "How do you spell Connie?" Too cute.

Blake does not like the dark. He wants to have night lights on in his room. He gets mad when the street lights on the side of the road turn on when it is getting dark. Weird.

Cole loves Christmas and everything about it. He loves Christmas music. He just loves it! I love it. It is so cute and magical with him!

This is a busy time of year and school for 2011 is wrapping up. Friday is Cole's last day and then he is looking forward to his cousins visiting. Everyday he asks how many more days? Amazingly he asks that before he asks how many more day til Christmas? We are all very excited! We hope this time of year is going well for you and you are enjoying the Christmas spirit and the reason for the season! As Cole would say, "Happy Birthday Jesus!"


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post. So sweet! and I love the pic of the boys with Santa!!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete