Wednesday, August 17, 2011
life with Blake. a glimpse.
Blake is 2 1/2, and thinks he is around 5. He has no fear and there is no stopping what he will try and what he will do to keep up with big brother and friends. He also has gotten a little attitude. Here is a glimpse of a 5 minute period with Blake and his personality.
To set the scene, the boys are outside with dad. Cole probably just walked by Blake, a little too close (probably on purpose) but does not touch Blake, but Blake hits Cole. Then he starts crying and yelling. saying, "Cole hit Blake, Cole mean". So, now dad comes over and puts Blake on a time out on the steps and tells him that we do not hit. (I am in the kitchen watching it all happen.) As soon as dad turns around, Blake gets up, walks in the house (I'm watching not saying a word), shuts the sliding glass door, not just the screen, and locks it. Then turns and walks to me and says, "daddy mean". Trying very hard not to laugh, I tell him, "Blake we do not speak that way." He looks at me for a second, and then goes on about his business. I just watch him, trying not to laugh, cause at this point, Cole has realized Blake locked him out of the house and he is pounding on the door. Well, Blake ignores him, climbs up on the counter and says he wants to eat cereal. I tell him no, we are not having cereal, we are gonna have dinner and that he needs to get down and go unlock the door and let Cole in. Well, Blake yells angrily in protest, "I don't want dinner, I want cereal." So, I pick him up off the counter and push him towards the door to unlock it, now with dad standing there. So he unlocks it and dad picks him up and puts him back on timeout and tells him he can't just walk off time out. So, busted again and now sitting on timeout again, is quiet for a couple minutes, then yells in his most happy voice, "daddy? dinner ready?" ...as if he didn't just yell that he didn't want dinner and wanted cereal, or that he was put on time out, got up and locked dad out and called him mean, and that he is just an innocent little boy now wanting dinner from his daddy. What a fake!!! I am totally laughing at Blakes antics at this point and can't believe the strong willed, master manipulator we have on our hands. Geeze!!
Okay, so the picture....those poles are taller than I am and my little two year old climbs all the way up it like a champ....that little monkey! Freaked me out when I looked over the first time and he was almost to the top! Keeps me busy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's something about number 2! My Hazel is the same way. More adventurous, more daring and knows when to turn the charm on to get what she wants. Don't they crack you up?
ReplyDelete