Sunday, June 19, 2011

life with boys. Fathers Day Edition.

Happy Fathers Day to all the wonderful dads out there! Especially to my dad and my boys dad!! Have a wonderful day!! This is another random glimpse of our "life with boys". 

Blake still loves cars, especially Herbie, whom he refers to as "Kerbie". Cars go to bed with him.

Cole is teaching Blake to count and say his ABC's.

Blake currently counts to 6, then starts all over. That works.

Cole signed up for his very own library card and the library summer reading challenge. He only has to read 15 hours, and Cole loves to read. He knocked out an hour yesterday! He also has a summer challenge from his teacher to read 20 books and then he gets to go to ice cream with her. No problem!!

Blake says "What the heck" to anything he does not know. Oops.

Cole really needs a haircut.

Blake thinks that he needs to wear shorts all the time.

Cole has still only lost 2 teeth. I feel like I mentioned at the beginning of the year that he had several loose. Guess they are holding on.

Blake is very picky in getting dressed and has to pick out his own clothes. He prefers soccer jerseys and does not know how to match. So when you see me in public and you notice Blakes outfit, if it doesn't match, I did not pick it out!

Cole at a young age would ask me if his clothes matched? Gotta love that.

Blake loves wearing flip flops or slippers and picked himself out a new pair and then picked out a pair for Cole! Geeze this kid needs to live in a warmer climate.

Cole can tie his shoes, so he can wear whatever he wants!

Blake, for some odd reason, okay, not an odd reason, but because Cole taught him to call everything a chicken (don't ask me why, and it's better than some things) when he is being negative or silly. We went to feed to ducks one day and as we walked up he said, "hey there baby chicken heads!" And the chicken head thing, no idea?!?!?! Thanks Cole. But seriously, it is so dumb!

Cole won the clean desk award at school again. That makes mom so proud. I went to help clean his desk out the last day and yes, all his pencils and supplies were in the boxes, markers in their boxes, and things neatly stacked. That's my boy!

Both boys give wonderful hugs and kisses and like to snuggle on the couch. I will savor that forever, or until they are too cool to do that. Cole is a little careful in public, but unlike the first month of school where he would give no kisses in public, he doesn't care as much now. Maybe he thinks I'm a "cool" mom so it's okay......nah doubt it!

The boys loved their first camping of the year with dad and are now looking forward to the next trip and sleeping in the tent!

They love being outside riding their bikes and Blake is pedaling his tricyle like a champ. My goal this summer, see if he will pedal is little bike with training wheels and getting him on that razor scooter!!

I have Cole signed up for a lot of activities this summer to keep him seeing his friends and so he does not get bored!

Blake is learning how to unbuckle his car seat, well the top buckle. Bad. I think after he has done it twice and we have told him, he won't unbuckle while driving now. Yikes!

Cole plays punch bug in the car and at one point was kicking my butt. Obviously, I am driving! But he decided to add our points together and not compete. Sweet kid! But I know he knew I was making a comeback....haha. Blake just yells KERBIE CAR!!!

The boys love their daddy and Blake runs to great him everyday. It is so sweet. Any phone Blake picks up, he calls daddy or sometimes he is "talking to Josh". They love to be in the garage and "help" daddy and as the weather is getting better, they help him in the yard. Blake is still so proud that daddy cut his hair and asked daddy to do it again. But I think Blake has some time to wait. We look forward to a fun filled summer!

Happy Fathers Day everyone, enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment